5 Steps to Protect Senior Americans from Illegal Robocalls
America’s broadband providers are committed to protecting consumers from illegal robocalls.
Did You Know: 89% of seniors receive at least one robocall per week and 56% receive at least seven robocalls per week
- Remember legitimate government agencies will always contact you in writing
- Research legitimate banks and charities before opening accounts or making donations
- Don’t answer any questions or provide personal information in response to a robocall
- Verify when the caller claims to represent a company you know or a government agency. You can always directly call the company or agency using the number found on their website
- Beware even a number that looks legitimate could be spoofed
Contact the AARP Fraud Watch Network Helpline at 877-908-3360
- Consumer Reports, 4/2020
Protect Yourself from Illegal Robocalls with our Infographics
Information provided by USTelecom to help you stay safe and lessen the number of robocalls received.