Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative agrees to provide and Subscriber agrees to accept Internet service subject to the following terms and conditions. Both parties agree to be bound by the terms and conditions specifically set forth herein.
1. Use of Internet
It is understood and agreed that Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative exercises no control over the content and/or information and specifically disclaims any warrant of merchantability or fitness of the Internet for any particular purpose. Subscriber assumes total responsibility and risk with regard to any information, products, services purchased, disclosure of any sensitive information (credit card numbers, etc.), information sexually explicit, morally offensive, or otherwise distasteful and Subscriber shall be solely responsible for controlling access to this information.
2. No Service Warranties
Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative’s Internet service offering is provided on an as is and as available basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied for the service provided. This includes the loss of data resulting from delays, service interruption, poor transmission quality, slow transmission speeds, computer viruses, damage caused by other Internet users, or information provided by Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative associates or subcontractors. Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information, including but not limited to product and service advertising, obtained through its Internet Service. If, after subscribing to Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative’s Internet Service, you are dissatisfied with the quality or content of the Service, your sole remedy is to discontinue using the Service on a going-forward basis. You will remain responsible for charges incurred prior to notification of Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative and deactivation of your User ID and password.
3. Obligations of Internet Service of Subscribers and/or Users
Subscribers and/or users are responsible for providing at their expense computer equipment and a transmission path for accessing the Internet through Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative service. Subscribers/Users or any third-party under the User’s control, (including customers, employees, or other authorized users, may not do any of the following:
- restrict or inhibit any other users from using or enjoying the Service and/or the Internet;
- post or transmit any unlawful, illegal, obscene, or pornographic information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law, including without limitation the U.S. export control laws and regulations;
- post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, worm, cancelbot or other harmful component
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute, or participate in the transfer or sale, or in any way exploit any information, software or other material obtained through the Internet which is protected by copyright or other proprietary rights without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or rightholder; or
- use the Service in violation or contravention of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, or any other applicable law, regulation, order or other governmental directive, or abuse or fraudulently use the Service in any way not specifically set forth above. In addition, Users or any third party under the User’s control may not:
- post a single article or advertisement to more than ten (10) Usenet or other newsgroups, fora, email mailing lists or similar groups or lists:
- post to any Usenet or other newsgroup, fora, email mailing list or similar group or list articles which are off-topic according to the charter or other public statement of the group of list:
- send unsolicited mass mailings to more than twenty-five (25) email users, if such unsolicited electronic mailing provoke complaints from the recipients;
- engage in any of the foregoing activities using the service of another provider, but channeling such activities through a Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative account or using a Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative account as a mail drop for responses; or
- falsify or spoof user information provided to Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative or other users of the Service in connection with use of the Service.
4. User Information
Subscriber/User of the service through Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative authorizes the use of ID or email in directories or other information that may be accessed by other Internet Subscribers/Users.
5. Payment for Internet Access Services
Payment for Internet Access Services. As a Subscriber/User to Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative Internet Service do agree to pay all charges incurred including taxes or other surcharges in connection with the use of the service. You will be invoiced monthly based on the Internet Service Plans offered at the time of billing and chosen by you and such invoices are due and payable within (15) business days after date of invoice. Invoices may be by U.S. mail or the Internet as Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative. Late payments are subject to Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative price list or tariff. If payment is not received during the prescribed time, service may be disconnected without further notice. To reestablish service, full payment of prior amounts due as well as reconnecting charges must be paid. All rates and pricing plans are subject to change including special promotions which may be offered at the Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative’s discretion.
6. Terms and Conditions
By subscribing to and receiving service or by signature below, Subscriber/User acknowledges that the foregoing has been read, understood, and accepted as evidenced by a subscription and using or signatures affixed hereto.
This ___________ day of ________________________, 19_______.
Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative